1、欣然接受,直接谢谢
Thank you, that's very kind of you!
谢谢你这么说。
I really appreciate you noticing that.
感谢你看到了这一点。
Thanks. I'm glad I can help you!
谢谢你的称赞,很高兴能够帮到你。
2、哪里哪里,谦虚回应
Oh, it's nothing! You are flattering me./I'm flattered.
哪里哪里,你过奖了。
Thank you, but there is still room for improvement.
谢谢,不过还有提高的空间。
Thanks! Jerry also worked on it. He gave me a lot of help, too.
谢谢夸奖,这不全是我的功劳,Jerry也帮了不少忙。
3、礼尚往来,夸赞对方
Oh, thanks very much. You look nice too. I like your shirt.
非常感谢。你今天也穿得很好看啊,我喜欢你这件衬衫。
Thank you for saying so, you are such a sweet-talker!
谢谢你的夸奖,你嘴真甜!
4、熟人间,调侃回应
What are you after? / What do you want?
说吧,有什么事想要我帮忙啊?
Flattery will get you nowhere.
你拍我马屁我也不会帮你的哦。
所以说即便他夸奖你了,在回答上还是有套路的。下回若是遇到在国内多年的外国朋友夸你,别急着 “Where, where ”,先好好想想最近是不是有什么事他要找你帮忙。